My campus has been buzzing with student groups and organizations that have taken it upon themselves to encourage everyone to vote. Which is great, because Lord knows college students need a kick in the butt to actually do anything. It is the people who go out of their way to explain to the student groups and organizations why they refuse to vote. I found a blog called Campus Vote Project that gave some really fantastic examples of reasons students have given during this 2012 race about why they will not vote. Hopefully you have all heard the reasons why you should vote… but if you haven’t:
1. Your vote counts… Right, like you haven’t heard that one before.
2. Do you have an opinion? Then VOTE.
3. Many of the issues will affect college students significantly, that means YOU should vote!
4. It is your right.
5. It is your chance to kick ’em where it counts.
6. Do you care about your Mom? Then VOTE.
7. Are you going to complain about who “wins the race”? Then VOTE.
8. Does healthcare affect you? Then VOTE.
9. There are more than two options for president… Shocked? You can still vote for Roseanne!
10. Dude… you get a sticker. So VOTE!
If you don’t get it by now, you probably don’t deserve to vote.